Monday, November 17, 2003

I think I may have learned something today.

I was pretty disgusted down at Sunbelt with all the "furrin" made equipment. I was very disgusted with New Holland because one of their sales reps told me they'd dropped the '10 series tractors (5610, 6610, 7610). I really liked those machines because they were pretty much the same design since the 60's. They are extremely reliable machines.

At some point in time, I would like to buy a new one. I figured it would last me for the next 20 or 30 years and it's highly doubtful I would ever need another new tractor again.

Needless to say, I was unhappy when I found out they've dropped them.

Well, I need to do a little more checking, but evidently the new TB series are basically the same tractors, just with updated sheet metal. I need to ride over to Lafayette and see if the dealer over there has one I can check out.

So, when I do get to the point where I can afford a new one, it might end up being blue after all.