Friday, January 02, 2004

I was still feeling kinda bad New Years Eve, so I stayed home whilst sweetie went to a party one of her horsey friends was having. Since the boss was out of the house, I took the opportunity to watch my Battle of Britain DVD.

For it to be a old as it is (1969), it's very good. They must have rented the whole Spanish air force to do some of the scenes (Spain had a bunch of HE-111's and ME-109's that they'd gotten from the Germans). The acting is a bit flat in places, but overall it's one of the best movies I've seen lately.

UPDATE: I've done a little reading and discovered that those HE-111's and ME-109's were actually spanish built. That's one of those things I knew a long time ago and forgot. Aircraft were once one of my great interests, but that changed as I grew older. It also seems that my poor tiny little brain can only hold so many facts before it starts to leak.