Thursday, January 08, 2004

My darling bride sent me an email list of "Georgia Engineering" questions...

I actually found two of them interesting enough to attempt an answer.

3. If your uncle builds a still which operates at a capacity of 20 gallons
of shine produced per hour, how many car radiators are required to
condense the product?

I wouldn't use car radiators, instead I'd use a radiator from a '58 Mack dump truck along with one from a State D-7 Cat they they left parked out by the interstate one moonless night.

7. A man owns a Tennessee house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an
average slope of 15%. The man has five children. Can each of his grown
children place a mobile home on the man's land and still have enough
property for their electric appliances to sit out front?

Now that one is tough because of the variables (double-wide or single-wide)... but I'm going to go out on a limb and no, because there wouldn't be room for the cars on blocks, not to mention the actually running cars.

This one was beyond me, so I sent it to Terry Olgesby.

1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will
support a 10-pound possum.

That there alge-bra stuff was too complicated for me.