Tuesday, January 13, 2004

This may be old news, but it seems the PETA idjits have got their grubby little paws on the beef.com url, which of course is mighty close to beef.org, home of the National Cattlemans Association.

And of course, they're trying to make a big deal out of the BSE thing. Personally, I believe that they've got that situation under control. It's my understanding that the animal in question was a dairy cow, they usually tend to end up as hamburger. So if BSE is something you're concerned about, stay away from ground beef (trust me, you don't want to know how they make it anyway) Steaks, roast, brisket & suchlike aren't a problem, even if they were to come from an infected animal. (brain and spine are where the virus lurks)

I understand that several universities are working on a economical live test for BSE right now (sorry, I don't have the link right now). To test for it currently, the critter has to be dead and the test ain't cheap. They may go to the live test industry-wide once they get it perfected (it's in their best interest and they damn well know it), then all this will go away for good.

I'll be glad to see it.