Tuesday, February 24, 2004

DR was over at the house the other day to help me do a little bit of barn maintenance. I was down on the ground holding the ladder and he was about 12 feet up in the air when he looks down and says "y'know that cartoon y'like s'well?"

"which one?"

"The one that's got Hank and Boomhauer and that Dale feller."

"Oh, you mean King of the Hill."

"Yup, I've figgered sumthin' out."

"What's that?"

"Y'know that feller on thar, not Dale or Boomhauer, the other'un."

"You mean Bill Dohtery?"

"Yeah... I'm him."

I was sort of suprised at this statement... I've made that very same observation to my bride. It's not entirely true though and I told DR that.

"Now, I wouldn't say that... you've got a healthy dose of Dale Gribble in you too."

Well, if he's made this connection, maybe he does realize he's a complete idiot when it comes to the fair sex. I'm vaguely distrubed by the fact that he's discovered the local singles lines... I shudder to think what he might drag home....