Thursday, September 02, 2004

The fates are conspiring against me and my barn addition plans. I had really hoped to get the posts in the ground and get it framed up this weekend, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

On the plus side, I'm going over the Alabama Saturday to kick tires. I've run up on a deal on a Deutz 60-06 tractor and another NH 273 Baler. The Deutz tractors are pretty neat in the sense that they have an air-cooled diesel engine. They are ugly machines but they are some of the best built machines ever made. I also found a Ford 7610 4x4 for 13k... if I can just figure out those wining lottery numbers. Or have a rich uncle that I've never met croak and leave me a mess o' yankee greenbacks.

But speaking of equipment, there is a thread over at Yestersdays Tractors about hay tedders going right now with much going to and fro about which tedder is best. I found this gem and thought it was worth swiping to put here.

My tedder is the most valuable piece of hay equip I have and I've yet to find one that suits me. Seems like every one had something done by an engineer whose spouse left him for an equipment mechanic.

There are days I think that about everything I own.