Thursday, October 07, 2004

I think we may end up buying the 336. Bigger Brother and I are going to go Saturday morning and take another look and will probably drag it home. Of course this means I'll have to do hay one more time this year, just to try it out.

At some point in time after we look at the baler, we're heading in the other direction to look at a bulldozer. It's older than dirt, an IH TD-14A(1956-58), but what can I say? it's cheeeeeeep. And I could sure use it right now. If it will hold together for a year, I can clean up everything and sell it for what I've got in it. Plus, if it do tear up, I know where there is another one with a bad engine sitting in the weeds (probably with a tree growing through it by now). The guy says it runs good (the one I'm looking at, not the one with the tree growing through it), but he doesn't need it anymore. We'll see.

It looks like we may have some rain moving in Saturday, which means I've probably lost the little bit of hay I've got on the ground down the road, simply because I haven't had time to get to it. We've been a touch busy at the saltmine and I can't seem to get away from there. This has been such as lousy year for hay I'm tempted to throw up my hands and say to heck with it, but I know that, come next spring, I'll be ready to go again.

I'm sure Sunbelt will be either put in the mood again or depress hell out of me.