Sunday, November 07, 2004

Silently I glided through the woods like an Iroquois on the warpath

Ok, we'll go for truth now.

I spent this morning clumping through the woods like a fat rhino, looking for a some jackasses that have been slipping on to my back forty deer hunting. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people hunting, in fact I have given eight people permission to hunt this place. The problem is, these idiots, whoever they are, have not asked for permission. The only reason that I found out is because BR, a guy I used to work with, was hunting down here a couple of weeks ago and these lowlifes came crashing through the woods on top of BR and his brother-in-law. BR didn't know any better and assumed it was someone I'd given permission to. To be honest, it took me two weeks to figure out it wasn't one of my regulars.

This shit needs to stop. Now.

So I went back there this morning to see if I could either find them, or at least find where they are coming in at. I found the place where they've been hunting, but found no holes in the fence and really, no tracks or sign at all other than the little hollow under a tree they'd cleared out to hunt from.

Now, I'm not completely stupid, I had my cell phone in my hand and DR on my flank when I went to the woods. I now know exactly where they are hunting at and they're going to get caught before it's over with, either by me or the game warden. Either way they're going to get charges filed against them. Since I know where they are setting up, I can bring the game warden in and show him where to look for 'em now. I have avoided getting the property posted, but I guess I will have to now.