Friday, December 31, 2004

2004

Well, naught four is just about over with and I am glad of it. We've had a run of piss-poor luck this year. There's no other way to put it. I don't think it would bother me so much if it were spread out a little more, but it always seems to come in clusters.

But, despite all my bitching and whining, I do have sense enough to know that there are lots of folks in worse shape and I count myself among the fortunate. I'm sure there are people who would be glad to swap problems with me.

Life is what you make of it. I decided a long time a ago that a bad attitude doesn't help matters when things are going bad, but a good attitude can help you survive the bad times. When things go wrong, the best thing to do is ride out the storm as best you can and not give up. Sooner or later the situation will change and you'll have a run of good luck. The best thing to do then is ride it until that horse falls over dead. In the end, most things will even out.

I hope everyone out there has a good 2005. I think the whole world could use a run of good luck for a change.

That's the end of my philosophizin' for the year. Happy New Year.