Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Well, from riding around the blogosphere today, it seems posting a photo wish list of big ticket items along with funny commentary seems to be the thing to do, so here goes... I make no promises about funny commentary though.


Lets start with the most serious big-ticket item. A Ford 7610 (or 6610) four wheel drive, front end loader optional. I promise, when I ever find one I can afford I will shut the hell up about tractors... except for antiques, which don't count.

Which brings us to...



An Allis G. Just because I think they're neat.

And how could I neglect firearms?



A M1855 Colt revolving rifle. I've always wanted one of these, but somehow I don't think I'll be getting one. This one is only $14000... I am confident I could get the first item on my list for that much money. And I seriously doubt if anyone will ever repop one, simply because of liability issues. Y'see, they had a nasty habit of chain-firing, which means all the chambers go off at once. If your hand is on the forearm when this happens, folks will start calling you "stubbie."

On to the slightly more mundane.



I'd like to someday have another M1859 McClellan with all the trimmings. I've had a couple over the years, but both were rebuilt M1904s. I'd prefer to have one that's actually built on a '59 tree, preferably one built by Doug Kidd.

And finally



A mounted pattern greatcoat, such as this one. Sans NCO stripes of course.

And that's it for now. There are more guns, saddles, books, farm equipment, but sorry, nothing sexy. No motorcycles, no boobage, no sports car. I guess am just a dull boy...

Update:



I also think this radio controlled M5 Stuart is pretty damn cool.