Thursday, January 27, 2005

MUUUUWAAAHAAHAAA

Sweetie won the runoff election and is the new President of her horse club.

BUHAWHAHAHA

Remember, this is the same club where the previous set of officers tried to get her and Lambchop thrown out a few months ago. This was, IMHO, an attempt to keep her from running for President.

I've had to be kind of particular about what I say lately, since my darling bride found this mess, she's told all of her friends about it and periodicaly some of them come through and read my ramblings, so I don't talk about sweetie much. (Actually, because of her line of work, I never have talked about her very much, but that's not the issue here.)

No more. It's my freaking blog and I'll write what I want, dammit!

MUWWWWWHAHAHAHA

I told her two years ago what was wrong with the *&^%$ horse club. There are 50+ women in the club and maybe three men (who actually ride). That's what the damn problem is and always will be. They're like a bunch of blasted old hens pecking at each other ALL the time.

Which is a big part of the reason I want nothing to do with 'em. Heck, I used to think politics in Civil War reenacting was bad.

It ain't nuttin' compared to these females.

Let me throw this out at you.

Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary


But I'm proud of my bride. She won the runoff fair and square. They had to have a runoff because of a last minute effort by the other side to recruit husbands and boyfriends into the club to vote for their side when they had the general election back in December. That served to give them a tie, which is what forced the runoff.

I'm happy for sweetie, but I'm glad it's over with.