Monday, April 04, 2005

The big white thing in the picture with the two square balers is a Drott Excavator. It is mounted on wheels rather than tracks and I would hazard a guess that it would cost well over a hundred thousand dollars new.

It brought $3100.

They didn't no-sale it either. That was city/county surplus, so what it brought was it. That thing ran, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I don't exactly have a lot of use for something like that... but I was tempted. Oh Lord I was tempted. I could use it, I really could... for about a day. Then I'd be finished and it would sit and turn into a pile of rust.

They hammered away at it for a good ten minutes. I called Bigger Brother, en route to North Carolina, in hopes his boss might want it. nope, no dice. My thinking was, if someone I know buys it, I can borrow it...

I looked at TC then and said "We oughta buy that"

"Well all ya gotta do is raise your hand."

"I would, my bride'd divorce me if I come draggin' that thing home... we'd be in the lawyers office first thing Monday morning."

After that comment, everybody within earshot dissolved in laughter... 'cause we were all in the same boat.