Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Goat Man

I went to a County Historical Society meeting last night. I don't normally go, mostly 'cause I forget about it until it's over with. Mom called me yesterday as I was driving home and asked if I'd go to the meeting with her. She said they had a speaker that had written a book about the Goat Man.

I don't remember the Goat Man, even though he was still traveling within my lifetime, but I've heard of him ever since I was a little feller. For those who've never heard of him, he was a wanderer who travelled the country for more than forty years with a herd of goats and a little cart. I have heard that he was a sometime preacher, but I don't know if that's true.

At any rate, the link takes you to a nice little (short) biography of Ches McCartney, the Goat Man.