Friday, April 01, 2005

My Darling bride

also known as that hussy I'm married to nailed me good earlier today.

I had just got off the phone with my banker discussing the feasibility or getting a loan on the 7610 Ford when she calls. She's using her "oh shit" voice which is never a harbinger of good fortune. She said "Remember that lottery ticket I bought the other day?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I thought it was for tonight's drawing, but it was actually for last nights."

"yeah, so?"

"We won some money."

"Hmmp, how much?" I'm thinking we might have won a hundred bucks or something.

"Five thousand dollars."

"HOLY SHIT!!!!!! You're kidding right?????" I had visions of balers dancing in my head... however briefly.

"APRIL FOOL!"

I completely forgot it was April first and had no clue what she was building up to, so she nailed me good. Now I've just got to come up with a way to get back at her...