Friday, May 20, 2005

Hay, Hay and more Hay

The weather is looking pretty good for next week. The temptation is very strong to lay it all down on the ground... but just as sure as I do, it'll set in raining about Tuesday morning and not stop for a month.

I ordered new belts for the Gehl yesterday from the nice folks at Excel belting. They seem to be pretty knowledgeable and are pleasant to deal with. I called them last week with questions and they put me on the phone with the President of the company. That may not seem like a big deal, but these folks are OEM suppliers for a couple of major baler manufacturers... so naturally having a head honcho who will take the time to speak to a customer with a small order is bound to impress me.

I'm going this evening to get some spare blades for the disc mower. If it's dry enough tomorrow afternoon I'll start mowing. Sweetie is gone to a horse show all weekend, so I'll be eating PBJ and bologna for a couple of days... unless I get a wild hair and go to Krystal for some gut-bombs or I may go to the grocery store for some supplies and have fried Spam and biscuits for breakfast tomorrow...

Anyhooo, still no drivel for a while.