Sunday, October 23, 2005

As an explanation for the previous post, we came back the looooooong way. Went over to Fitzgerald and came up 441 all the way through to Homer, which is up in Northeast Georgia. We picked up a load of post-hole diggers at a place there for Tony and then proceeded home through the mountains.

I was confident that we wouldn't get lost, as I left a trail of boiled peanuts by the side of the road from Fitzgerald to Athens. I would've never thought I'd be able to eat boiled peanuts whilst driving, but I worked out a method pretty quick.

Passed through some pretty country that I'd never seen before and I'm not knocking the folks in east-central Georgia... but damn! They ain't nuttin there but pine trees for miles and miles... I was kinda glad to get up in the hills.

South Georgia was much more interesting to me. Everyone has defoliated their cotton and are beginning to pick it. Some of the fields we passed looked like they were covered in snow.

I kept telling TC it was his turn to drive, but every time we stopped somewhere I would forget, only to remember when we got back on the road.

All in all it was a pretty good trip. We got back late Friday afternoon. I've been pretty useless since. I didn't pick up many goodys this time. Bought some pins and a 4-lug implement rim at Agri-Supply in Tifton and a Tap and Die set at the expo. That was about it.