Thursday, November 10, 2005

Gratuitous Tractor pics

Since I'm too lazy to write, I have some shots from an antique tractor auction a couple of weeks ago in Cleveland Tennessee. I have no idea what anything brought, didn't stay that long. I did get the impression that there were a lot of no-sales though.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here we have a detail shot of the engine of a beautifully restored Case SC. Someone put some serious time and money into this little jewel. Note the Eagle logo on the sheetmetal. That is the likeness of Old Abe the battle eagle, mascot of the 8th Wisconsin Infantry. If you go to the Cyclorama in Atlanta, Abe is in the painting, flying high above the death and destruction below. Abe was part of the J.I. Case plow company logo for many years. I'm not sure when they dropped him, but I think it was probably in the sixties or seventies.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here is one of the few machines I saw up there that I'd have liked to brought home.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have no idea why, but I love the small old cultivating tractors. Doesn't matter what color they are, I think they're all neat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one was used this year I'd say. Most likely in someones garden or truck patch.

And finally we have an example of way too much time on someones hands...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com