Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

To all three four of you!

Sorry, but I have no profound thoughts, no resolutions and no 2005 top ten list to share, but I would like to say that I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable (and relatively sober) holiday. And make sure ya'll eat plenty of black-eyed peas and turnip greens tomorrow!

Hmmm, truth to tell, I don't know that I think much of that particular superstition... it's never made me rich, but then again I've stayed financially solvent all these years, so maybe there is something to it.

It would probably help if I would actually eat the peas (can't stand the vile things), I do eat the heck of the greens (provided they're cooked right, in a cast iron pot with lots of good artery-hardening fatback).

Anyhow,goodbye aught-five. Hello aught-six.