Thursday, December 29, 2005

Santy Claus was good to me, or Sweetie was. Not positive who is responsible. I got something useful for a change, a Dremel tool which more freaking attachments than you can shake a stick at. I have already used it to ream out an Enfield spike bayonet (that I've been working on off and on for seven years with a rat-tail file) to fit my Sharps. I am sure that I will be able to find many, many future projects that this thing will be handy for.

And to show what a romantic fellow I am, I bought Sweetie a floor jack to carry in her truck. Yes, yes I know. I am the king of romance.

I thought this would be a good present for a woman who thinks that a high-heeled shoe is the proper tool to hammer nails with. 'sides, she doesn't have the factory jack and I figured the next time I have to change one of her tires it would be helpful to actually have a working jack to use.

I finished reading Washington's Crossing. I highly recommend it. I learned a lot of things that I didn't know before and enjoyed it immensely. I'm not going to do a book report, partly because I'm lazy and partly because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

I am halfway through Fraser's new book, Flashman on the March. I do wish he would hurry up and write the one about Sir Harry's experiences in the Civil War. I don't think that's very high on his agenda though. Fraser strikes me as a contrary old fart and I think too many Americans have bugged him about it.

I also recieved The Pirate Coast: Thomas Jefferson, The First Marines, and the Secret Mission of 1805 in the mail yesterday, which looks interesting. I think its going to be next on my agenda.