Saturday, January 07, 2006

So, I'm driving down the road

and reach over to adjust my rearview mirror and PLOP! It falls off into the floorboard. I drive around without the silly thing for two or three days before I really get tired of not being able to see what's behind me so I run by the parts store and pick up one of those mirror repair doo-lollys.

This morning, I finally get motivated enough to fix the thing. Take the little metal doo-hicky that the mirror itself mounts to off, scrape some of the old glue off the windshield, put the new glue on, stick the metal doo-hicky back on the windshield.

Then I go and spend the next four hours riding around in a spreader truck, dispensing chickenshit in my pastures.

Finished up with that, came back to the barn to retrieve my mirror that I'd abandoned there there earlier, stick the mirror (for some reason my fingers keep wanting to say "mirrow," every freaking time I type mirror) and head to the house. Hit a bump crossing the road and PLOP! My rearview falls off into the floorboard...

Guess we'll try that again.