Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Passerby

Lots of folks have stopped by to visit today thanks to a link from the kind folks at Castle Arrrgh, so I figure the least I can do is put up another shot of the Blakeslee...
Image hosting by Photobucket

I looked through my high(er) res photos of the Boat Anchors Horse Pistols to see if there was another shot I could post, but there wasn't. But on closer inspection of the pictures I have, I am beginning to think that lineup was a bunch of aged repops. At the time I didn't ask, because I wasn't there for guns, I was there for books. I got to thinking this over, if I had a whole mess of original Colts in that kind of condition, I think I'd have 'em in a glass case if for no other reason that to keep grubby paws off of em...

On the other hand, there were several thousand other firearms there, all originals, that were out in the open to be fondled (with permission of course). So, I have idee now whether the damn things were real or not.