Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm about ready for some rain

Since I'm almost finished with hay for now. If we don't get some rain soon, there won't be any more hay this year.

Managed to get another 27 rolls over the weekend. That makes 66 in the past two weeks. Bigger brother got the square baler cobbled back together, but he doesn't think it will last long, so I am in the market for another square baler (wonder if it would be easier to fix one of the other three we have). I have about come to the conclusion that as long as I keep using everybody else's cast-offs I just need to keep two of everything. The other option is to buy a new square baler, but after pricing them last year, that is hardly an option.

The Gehl did fine over the weekend. I still need to adjust the door latches as I occasionally had to take a ball peen hammer and beat the latches open.

At least it wasn't on fire when I had to do it this time.

That incident last weekend did putenough fear into me that I did go to Wally-world and buy a bigger fire extinguisher though..

Y'know, just in case.