Friday, June 09, 2006

To interrupt the total lack of blogging

I have a few observations;

I really, really, really need to not go overboard next time someone offers me a good deal on chicken litter. It took nearly twelve hours to mow ten acres. I normally mow that much in three hours or less (if the Ferguson is running good).

Also;

I hate vetch.

I hate closed throat balers.

I hate rebuilding drive shafts (disk mower).

I hate getting hydraulic fluid in my cell phone (long story)..

I hate changing power steering lines on the Ferguson.

I really hate being sick (chest cold) when I am trying to mow/rake/bale hay.

On the plus side, the Dremel Tool my sweetie got me for Christmas has been one of the handiest contraptions I've ever had. I wouldn't have been able to do anything with that driveshaft without it.

In other news, after nigh on two months, the dozer still sits across the creek with the track off of it. I have been a busy boy lately. Maybe next weekend. I seem to be spending most of my free time at the office now, so there is not much farming going on around here this summer.

The Ferguson is about to lay down and die on me. The engine has so much blowby now that when I'm running it hard (mowing and running the round baler) it has more smoke coming out the bottom of the engine than it has coming out the pipe. One of my neighbors has a JD 4230 that he priced to me at 7K (which is about 2K under book), but it's not really what I want. If I'm going to spend that much money I'd rather find a Ford or another Fergie. Rebuilding the motor in the 285 is not really an option right now because of the time factor.

If I can find the digital camera (sweetie has it hid somewhere) I may have pictures of haymaking tomorrow evening, or not.

Well, that's about it for now, we can now return to our regularly scheduled non-blogging.