Friday, September 01, 2006

I just realized

that I have not posted any drivel in over a month, so I decided to remedy that.

This has been one of the most... interesting years of my life so far. I got involved in a new business venture back in May (right about the time I had to start mowing hay) and that has pretty much taken all of my free time this summer. Things are starting to calm down a little now, which is a good thing, because it's time to start mowing hay again. Matter of fact, I will probably start mowing tomorrow and hopefully get all of it laid down by late tomorrow evening. If I can ted it Sunday, some of it may bale Monday. Have to wait and see on that.

We finally got the Gehl to where is making good rolls, but I still wonder if I shouldn't have sprung for the 435 JD that I ran up on right before I bought the Gehl. The 275 is still chugging away (bigger brother used it last weekend to bale 200+ on some deal he got roped into). but I don't know how much longer it will keep going on account of that baaaaad case of leprosy it's got in it's innards. I'd like to get an inline, but that is probably going to be out of the question for a couple of years. I think another tractor would be a better investment.

Speaking of which, I can't remember whether I mentioned the 285 having such bad blow-by back in the spring that there was more smoke coming out the bottom of the motor than out of the exhaust. But whether I did or not, that seems to have stopped back when I was running it hard mowing the big field. TC thinks I may have had a stuck ring that has since came loose. I have no idee. The inner workings of engines are much like womens makeup to me...voodoo magic.

Anyhoo, I figure that's enough drivel for now, I'll likely have more later.