Friday, December 01, 2006

Talk about bad luck

When I got home tonight (at 11pm) DR was standing on my front porch. I asked him where his truck was and he said "Sitting in my driveway."

"So, how'd you get over here?"

"Walked." He lives about four miles away...

"ooooooook... why?"

"blowed the motor up in it this morning, I was hoping you could give me a ride to work." (Have I mentioned he has no phone anymore?)

"why did you walk instead of riding your bike?"

"fraid I'd get run over in the dark."

I don't know what to do, I am not exactly in a position to help him right now. I think he's looking at going to one of the title pawn places and getting a $400 car to drive until he can afford to get his truck fixed.

Remember the "gloom, despair and agony on me" song they used to sing on HeeHaw? I am beginning to think DR is the living, breathing embodiment of that.